Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Removing and cleaning Denso Navigation Unit from Saab 95 (2005-2009)
Picture 1: You need the special Saab 95 tools or you buy the cheap JVC tools to remove the Car stereo. You need 4, Use them as shown the two upper with the handle up the 2 bottom with the handle down
Airplane Aircraft
They are not very expensive, you need 2 pair !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-Kenwood-Radio-Release-Keys/dp/B001MT97RA/ref=pd_sim_auto_1
Picture 2 : You insert all 4 in the Denso unit until they feel fixed and you can apply force pulling.
You can best pull on each, one by one, until you see it move and finally have pulled it out far enough to get your hands behind it. It needs some force it does not slide easy !!!
Vehicle Car Multimedia Compact car Family car
Picture 3: Once the unit comes out the release keys can be pulled out again
Car Vehicle Bumper Technology Auto part
Picture 4 : Remove the connectors from the back . First lift the blue locker knobs and then press the sockets and pull. Also disconnect antennas for radio and GPS. Bring the unit indoor with a lot of lighting !
Electronics Technology Electronic device Multimedia
Picture 5 : Undo the 6 screws with a Philips screwdriver. Lift the panel from the back up and remove
Electronics Technology Electronic device Computer hardware Laptop accessory
Picture 6 : Through the plastic cover there is room to navigate a cotton swab to gently clean the laser. You can do that best by using some alcohol/ lens cleaner and turn the cotton swab gently round above the laser. Use a dry swab afterwards and finally clean the area around the lens (white holder) where dirt may accumulate and touch the DVD
Technology Electronics Electronic device

Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! I risently bought a Saab 9-5 2.5t 2005. The disc i using in my sat nav is a burnd disc from 2007. Can sameone please help me to get a better version. I don't know if i need to have the firmwire for 2008 and if i need it where do i find it?
Regards Benke!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi could someone please help me, my dad had bought a Saab 9-3, 56 plate and the sat nav is not working, it didn't come with a disc, can someone please tell me what it is I need to buy and how much and where can I get one
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Firstly thanks Dijkvr for the DVD's - Great service! DVD are awesome, and thanks for the patience with the Postal systems. We got there in the end!

@ J.J Get in contact with dijkvr, he will know what to do, and most likely be able to provide you with the DVD's you need.

Cheers

Tb9

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for an update for the Denso nav in my SAAB 9-5 Aero from 2006. The original disk is partno 12767415.
I hope someone can help for a more recent one. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.

I was wondering if any of you guys have the firmware update for the Saab 9-5 Denso unit to run newer Navigation DVDs for Europe

If I understand things right i need to have the actual firmware update or a Navigation DVD from 2006-2007 to update the firmware.

I currently have a Navigation DVD from 2005.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, who can help me to find an update DVD for sat-nav for my Saab 9-5 2006 ?
Probably need some firmware update, my DVD disc has Saab part nr 12767415 /2006 Western Europe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, the latest Landrover (RR) DVD works fine, or a good quality copy !
The Saab 95 denso navi system needs a firmware update if the latest DVD the unit has operated with has a part nr equal to or lower than saab part nr. 12767415 (2005/2006 DVD)
All units from 2005/2006 first need that update otherwise the latest DVD does not work.
I have tested this many times and have helped Saab owners from 2005/ 2006 map data to 2011 maps including the firmware update !
The 2011/2012 maps also work on the kenwood dv3200 unit of the 2004/2005 Saabs , without any need for firmware update.
Let me know if there are 95-ers who want to get up to date.
I have a 2005 9-5 with the tochscreen sat nav
I don't have a disc for it at all can you help ?
I live in Yorkshire 07905285741
Thanks Pete

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a Saab 9-5 2010/2011 (2nd generation) The Sat nav needs updating keeps reverting back to Belgium, any idea's? also just got the car this week and it does not have the owners manuals. Most importantly I need the manual for the sat nav and HUD. anyone point me in the right direction to maybe a copy pdf? Thanks Mandie :confused:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Mandie

Try here:

http://9-5sc2012.com/resources/

Should find everything you need - user manuals etc.

The satnav issue is very common apparently - mine does it as well..... There's a software update that you can get from your approved SAAB service centre. Be warned though - this doesn't always work (didn't with mine).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for an update for the Denso nav in my SAAB 9-5 from 2006. I hope someone can help for a more recent one. Thanks.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts