Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to know of this car care products company and visited their site at www.zymol.co.uk.

They offer complete car care products. But quite pricey. Starter kits are about £99
and complete kits £226
. They have marque specific kits as well and do one for Saabs. I chatted with one of their sales advisers online (they provide this facility online) and they say they are cost effective in the long run and results are out of the world. Anybody got any experience with them?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Neel,

not sure if you want to spend your money better on things like upgrades and servicing, I find Autoglym does a superb job on my black 96 9000 CS and crappy fingermarks (happen almost instantly with a black car) wipe off really easy. Leather care - saddle soap is as good as anything I've tried.

Pete

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re-arrange these words - ears behind wet

At £1200 a pot it needs to be distilled from the tears of misty eyed virgins, who've only ever eaten ambrosia(not the rice pudding, though it is very nice) and have drunk nothing but babys tears.

Good God £1200 a pot - I could buy another car for that, infact 2.

How much more shiny can it make a car - just buy a pot of autoglym & spend the rest on a stage 3 kit & there still be enough left to start saving for a new gearbox.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Folks honestly, I am not upto spending so much money on buying expensive polishes. I use a triplewax shampoo to wash my car once every week. And in less than 6 months of owning the car I have waxed the car twice with turtlewax. Believe me it looks quite good. I also use a turlewax cleaner for the alloywheels and a tyre silk spray on the tyres. I have not done much so far on the leather. But I intend buying the saab leather conditioner and cleaner from elkparts soon.

I completely agree with the idea of spening the money on performance upgrades. I am actually thinking of saving up for buying the abbott racing upgrade 'Ecopower Upgrade for 2.0 and 2.3 models WITH an Intercooler, £535. Part Number: BEN016'. BTW, my car is a 97 2.0 LPT Anniversary manual with 114K on it. So I should get a 40 bhp increase which I think I could do with

Thanks for the ideas folks! I am off to the Lake district for a week tomorrow. Very excited about lots of

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by neel:
[qb]I am actually thinking of saving up for buying the abbott racing upgrade 'Ecopower Upgrade for 2.0 and 2.3 models WITH an Intercooler, £535. Part Number: BEN016'. BTW, my car is a 97 2.0 LPT Anniversary manual with 114K on it. So I should get a 40 bhp increase which I think I could do with    :fawlty:        
[/qb][/b]
I think you should be able to pay a lot less. I paid £400 all in for mine from Abbott recently. I think their website's out of date.

And it's worth it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.