Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a old bus, this car drives really well ........ The only weird & wonderful that it does is, when cold the revs bounce about a bit say it revs to 1500 then 1200 then back to 1500.... With the frequency of say the indicator flashing..... That kinda speed anyways ....... Like I say it drives fine, & after a couple of mins everything settles down & it behaves normally...... Its had a new coil pack recently ...... Any thoughts from you great wise ones ? ....... I guess if I at least understand why its doing what its doing, I might actually be tempted to do something about it..... :D

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
could be a host of things tbh and wouldn't worry if its giving any issues, you could try cleaning things like the maf, tb giving it a tlc type service,

being a old git like me, you will remember the manual choke well the ecu effectively controls this modern cars and relies on various sensors to control accurately like the ect sensor. given the cars age there could be slight degradation/dirty of such sensors making them slower to react for one of better words lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts