Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, just normal driving on A roads / dual carrageways at 60-70mph.

Nothing out of the ordinary, although that is only the average over that last 90 miles.

It's now up to 250 miles, and the average is down to 38.6 mpg with just under 2/3 of a tank left.

Andrew

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Only 38 mpg! Best I've had in the Carly is 28. Never even got my old CS LPT (pictured below) to that!

Here's my old 9000 CS 2.0 LPT which I shouldn't have sold (especially after forking out £700 for those Super Aero Alloys):

Here's the 1991 2.3 Carlsson:

and another:

Not got any piccies of my first 9000 (apart from a clipping from Autotrader).

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
753 Posts
I managed over 40mpg between fillups on a 2.3 FPT.

I might have done 80% of the driving at 55 on motorways though, and the rest very steadily on A roads....

I shall have to get some pics of my car, but it looks like any other tidy Silver Aero

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kevin,

Your pic's showed up just fine for me.

Nice looking motor :)

sevenman,

best I've had was 44.2, worst 16.5, normally it's mid 30's. Being an Aero, it's easy to drop the figures down, but after suprisingly few miles at 55-60 the figure climbs back up to the 30's

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
wrighar - still can't see my pics. As long as you lot can see them, then that's the main thing, as I've already seen them! ;-)

Like your 2 cars too - the Carly looks good in red! Any luck with the gearbox?

I am totally jealous of you having the best of both worlds with the Carly AND the Aero!

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
James,

No they are Aero alloys (as they have the greyed out centres) where as the Carlsson has the silver centred Aero wheels.

Later Aero's had 'Super Aero' wheels that brought the centres out flush with the rim and curved in near the tyre.

Then again, the Carlsson hasn't got Carlsson wheels on, as they all originally had 6.5 * 16 cross spoke wheels (as seen in the 900 Carlsson picture above), but were very soft and prone to going egg shaped on the inner rim side. The Aero wheels are heat hardened to help stop this.

Andrew

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.