Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl,

Just thought i'd let you know that ive found a replacement fot my old and worn out 2L 9KT16.
Its an N reg CSE 2.3T Scarab Green FSH for £3200 !!
Blokey has just bought an M3 Beema and is not totaly impressed with it!!
So thanks for your help and advise, I will be here more cos i dont know the 2.3 as well as I know the B202 2L

C Ya

Damian

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thats a good price for such a car.

Why doesnt he like his M3?

Straying to the dark side....

I have just managed to sell my 92 CDS 2.3 Turbo to an office mate, but its going to take a while to sort out the numberplates , so hopefully he wont change his mind.

If that goes well I will be an R reg Aero owner by the end of next week....

Then I just have to wait until I hit 25 and can start modifying it.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
A friend of mine bought a P-reg 9000CSE last week. The price he paid for his reflects a similar price to Damo9K. You really can get a lot of car for your money, yet many similar 9000s are priced at anything from a grand more on a private sale to six grand more from a dealer!

Well done, Damo9K ;-)

/john

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sevenman,
Re. not liking the M3, He said apart from cornering the saab was a nicer car to drive and didn't seem a lot slower.

R reg Aero - U lucky Bar stool!
One has just come up locally to me, but alas it's out of my price range

C ya
Damian

·
Registered
776 Posts
Enjoy Damian/.

My 1994 cse 2.3t was only £2500, and that included a £400-00 cd system, and full SAAB service history, lovely nick too. Abbotts have rearranged suspension, handling, and loads of improvements on mine already ( I budgeted for a £.4000 car originally ), prehaps could have spend more time looking for something top spec, Aero etc.. but that spare dosh was soon spent with the Essex boys. My Aubergine machine will hopefully give me a lot of pleasure, hope yours does too. Scarab Green is a nice colour, although that might not be important.

Sevenman/.
Yes, good luck to you on potential R Reg Aero. You're a mere pup compared to an old duffer like me of course, but great to see that not all younger drivers who want a fast motor actually need the "go faster stripe" type machines, and can appreciate what is under the skin of a car like the 9000 !

Andy

·
Registered
970 Posts
Sevenman, you probably know this, but you can sell the car before you change the plates to be sure of the sale. If your unlucky that it falls through, is it not true that you can hold the plate on a certificate until you get a car to put it on?

This certainly was the case in England a couple of years ago but I'm not sure about Scotland or Wales.

hth

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Damian,

Good on you, I bought my 1st Carlsson when I was 23 in 1992 (an 900), changed that for an Aero in 1995, which I still have, and this year bought another Carlsson.

Insurance isn't that bad, or wasn't when I ws 23....

Andrew (33.333)

·
Registered
753 Posts
I am selling my CDS to a friend, so I am reasonably sure the sale wont fall through... I already have a cheque from him dated for next friday. Hopefully they can sort out the exchange of plates soon.

Its easier that way, otherwise he would immediately have to make an alteration to his insurance and the companies love to charge you £15ish for that kind of thing.

re: Younger drivers and fast cars, I got my 2.3 Turbo at the tender age of 22, and will be 24 for my Aero.

So many people underestimate Saabs which is one of the reasons I like them.

What other cars can combine performance, comfort, reliability, and affordable value 2nd hand.

A lot of my friends have been very suprised at the mid range torque, as have a few Astras/Novas with big exhausts and one Porsch 944. Not that I would drive quickly of course

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.

Im well chuffed, this is a pucker car!
Its a bit more refined than my old 9KT16 and soooo quite.
The only niggle is a bit of a vibration at about 80 ish, could be the tyres tho cos they look a bit iffy.
Ne1 recomend a good tyre, Im thinking yoky 539's ?

Cya

Damo

·
Registered
244 Posts
4wiw, Saabs with turbo=lots of torque at relatively low engine speeds. M3 is a serious racing engine in effect with peak power and peak torque a long way up the rev range. They demand very different driving styles. Saabs are effortlessly fast on the road whereas the M3 can only get into it's stride at track days. Let's face it, we can't rev at 5-7k and feel relaxed on the normal highway. So, looks like you got yourself a very good deal and the BMW man is going to find himself very disappointed unless he realises the different style required. btw, I have owned a 535 sport and 325 coupe and thoroughly enjoyed both, especially as I badged the 535 as a 518 . hohoho.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Rebadging is very sly

I feel no need to let people know I have a fast car, and was thinking about taking the 2.3 Turbo badge off my old car.

Might still do that with the Aero.

Does anyone know how these are held on?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I couldn't really get away with de-badging my Carlsson. Looks quick anyway with the glaring white bodykit. ;-)

I think most people don't have a clue anyway, and are probably amazed these big Saabs are so swift.

Kevin Mc
White 2.3 Carlsson

·
Registered
657 Posts
Sevenman;
a hairdryer aimed at badge for long enough to soften adhesive. Ease gently from one end, 'peeling' rather than pulling.
Should leave no mark but if it does (perhaps even a bit of the double sided tape might be left) use petrol to remove.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Rebadging part 2;
I dont like badges particularly either,and certainly old enough to not feel the need to advertise that my car is a SAAB Turbo nutter b*****d,or something similarly stupid. It is a SAAB 9000 CSE 2.3T, and Im proud of that.

Dont take away a cars identity by debadging itto prove a point to other less mature owners,( example mentioned by gassy ) .
At least flashiness and silly badging has a degree of honesty about it, at least people like that are really only conning themselves, because we all know better.

I dont want to see lots of SAAB Blankety Blanks being driven around !!

Sorry, we seem to have wiped out the original thread between us..

Andy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
just leave it badged as it was - BMW owners love de-badging, that's why baby beemers try and take you like M3s and M5s - a motorway and dual carriageway identity crisis which is even more amusing when you see them get smaller via the mirror...especially the Compacts - Mr Carlsson's breakfast of choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.