Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after seeming to have searched for ever for a 9K since our return to the UK, my better half suddenly announced that she thought she would prefer for us to get a 900 after all

Fortunately a couple of days later I finally found EXACTLY what I had been looking for - a low mileage near mint 9000 CSE 2.3t Auto. An excellent test drive and a few well placed (rehearsed ) comments from our young toddler, and she finally agreed that a 9K was really what we were after all along !

So many, many thanks to all you regulars here for all your help and patience, you have been brilliant !

Only problem for you now, is that I am going to have a ton more questions for you...

Anyway, many thanks again !

Andy

·
Registered
305 Posts
Originally posted by Andy_M:
[qb]           

Well after seeming to have searched for ever for a 9K since our return to the UK, my better half suddenly announced that she thought she would prefer for us to get a 900 after all      

Fortunately a couple of days later I finally found EXACTLY what I had been looking for - a low mileage near mint 9000 CSE 2.3t Auto. An excellent test drive and a few well placed (rehearsed    ) comments from our young toddler, and she finally agreed that a 9K was really what we were after all along !  

So many, many thanks to all you regulars here for all your help and patience, you have been brilliant !

Only problem for you now, is that I am going to have a ton more questions for you...    

Anyway, many thanks again !

Andy [/qb][/b]
Andy:

Congrats on the 9000..you will love this car. And you need to give that "little one" a special treat for helping dad get your 9000. Great safe car to have with children. (my son calls my 9000CDE , "daddy's spy car"

Good Luck,

wherewolfe

·
Registered
250 Posts
"daddy's spy car"[/b]

...and perhaps the ultimate stealth car on the road? Burned off my first GTi last weekend. Silly chap was trying to overtake me on a narrow sliproad joining the M40 - perhaps he assumed I had a gutless saloon. Once on the M-way, my CSE was just a seamless surge of power, pulling away sedately out of harm's way (although I did just see GTi-man's two-fingered salute in my rear view mirror). First time in 3 months I had to do that, & it's just nice to know the power is there.

BTW Peter Messenger: noticed you're from T-Wells - do you have a dark green S-reg 9K? Looked like an Anny. Seen it a few times around Langton area - nice car, didn't know some were registered that late.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Aahh, the M40 and GTI's. Must be catching. Coming back from my better half's flat to Bristol at 5.30 this morning had exactly the same thing.

Now compared to some of the torquemonsters and hpbeasts my modded car is modest enough. It's only a 2 ltr lpt, Ecu, air filter, dump valve, induction pipe(by abbott). No sports cat or exhaust, no flash big wheels, springs or dampers, and so on.

It is though pretty quick. As said idiot found when parked up my a** flashing away to try to get me out of the way (whilst I was legitimately overtaking I might add). No need to drop out of 5th - a decent prod on the loud pedal and he fell off so quickly in my rear mirror it was as if he'd slammed the brakes on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
jager
i have a ruby red p reg 9000 standard wheels but thats all thats standard. i was on the a21 this morning going up hill from tunbridge wells to m25 following me bmw m3. i love my car, it just goes like stink from 4k, any incline. even managed to outrun m3 uphill, still pulling hard at ****mph. crazy but it was the only thing that made me smile today. what are you doing in langton green ?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Peter,
I'm based near Warwick but doing some interim work in T-Wells. Family live down here too in Edenbridge. I have a standard 2.3CSE, Lemans Blue with tan leather interior, N-reg.

I know that A21 hill well. Catches out many cars. Unless you have a turbo singing at 3K/4K revs

Will keep any eye out for the ruby red 9K. In the meantime, happy

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on getting the 9K Andy.
Before I got mine I was looking at all sorts of nonsense.
It was when my wife reminded me of how comfy the seats were in our last SAAB were that I decided on a 9K again.
A couple of months searching the dealer network got me a silver CSE 2.3lpt Anniversary.
A recent trip to Suffolk confirmed tha car as a great long distance bruiser.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Originally posted by peter messenger:
[qb]jager
i have a ruby red p reg 9000 standard wheels but thats all thats standard. i was on the a21 this morning going up hill from tunbridge wells to m25 following me bmw m3. i love my car, it just goes like stink from 4k, any incline. even managed to outrun m3 uphill, still pulling hard at ****mph.[/qb][/b]
Had a similar experience on the M3 last night coming home from a gig. Just taking it leisurely, 65 in the slow lane, totally deserted motorway, and this numpty in an MR2 was driving right up my backside, with his lights on full beam. He could have overtaken me fine, but obviously felt the need to "own" the slow lane. Very bizarre. Anyway after a couple of miles of me occasionally flashing my back foggies at him in an attempt at making him back off, I got bored, gave it some welly and was pleased to be a long long way in front of him in a very short space of time! Great! And I had turned onto the M25 before he caught up with me...

I think I am actually genuinely in love with my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.