Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems EuroCarParts are selling their own brand of alloys badged as XTR.
The prices are good (17" = £76) but, as you usually get what you pay for, does anyone know whether they are good quality? Any reviews, testing or what-have-you?

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by Scotty Mc:
[qb]typical!! Same as stainless steel exhausts!! are we the forgotten tribe?          [/qb][/b]
Unfortunately, 9000s are worth little these days - meaning that the potential market for performance items is likely to be small, especially where some products will cost half as much as the car.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, true, which is probably the reason. I can see that argument with exhausts, but with alloy wheels it's just a matter of machining the hubs differently. Considering that the 9000 bolt holes are 4 x 108 - same as Ford and Peugot I think - and after that there's only the bore and mounting face (offset) to contend with, so I can't see how it can't be easily done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Since I bought my 9000 I've been surfing and phoning around trying to find things like hatch spoilers, alloys etc with virtually no luck whatsoever, I don't about forgotten it's more like ignored. My you it was exactly the same with my 924s Porsche, virtually nothing available, yet my two beaten up worthless old BMW's were widely catered for.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have a stainless exhaust from Haydon&Scott from essex, superb, love it, glad I didn't pay for it though, as it was already fitted to the car (9000 cse), good thing is stainless normally carry lifetime warranty.

As for wheels, I am running a set of 2nd hand 17"s which I found at a local independant garage, so there are out there, the wheels are one of the best exterior mods I have done to the car, they gave the car a much better edge, rather than the balloon tyres fitted previously.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.