Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been reading through the weird 9000i thread started by microcat36. I have a similar XS model, and what I am at a loss to understand is why this model rates 2 insurance groups higher than a normal 9000i model? Is the addition of alloys, acc and a CD player (probably a luxury item in a 1991 car) etc. enough to warrant this or is there something else I am not thinking about.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yes i noticed this as well! i take it it is because of the spec, by the way is your car the same spec as mine,and how do you like it to drive, also have you had any problems with the paint work on the bonnet as mine has not got a mark anywhere on the body bar the bonnet which is chipped to hell and surface rusting badly enough to be going in to get the bonnet resprayed. Thanks for all the replyes to my post they they have gave me an insight to the car when i could not find any info on it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Microcat

In terms of paintwork I have had no problems with the bonnet. The paint has chipped in a couple of places but there is no rust. I think I have the rust in the traditional 9000 weakspots, bottom of the doors and the base of the rear panels, but this may not be surprising considering the conditions the car has been driven in.

I think I have most of extras you were talking but I am no expert on the suspension front. I find the car drives and handles well though even with 152K on the clock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.