Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

working weekend.

Tags
weekend
3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  gassy 
Hey, let's not knock it too much. I'm going, so that fact alone is bound to be a magnet for all right-thinking Saabists

In fact, I'v already designed the discrete but tasteful poster that I'll have on the car so that other Saab Pages members can recognise me/it.

From past experience there are a number of SOC Members who, for whatever reason, prefer to go to these events and live either under canvas or in their own house on wheels. Fair enough, that's their choice. However the majority of people there are either day visitors or are staying in one of the local hotels or hostelries. That's where me and Mrs Gassy will be. (Although, frankly, Mrs Gassy isn't too enthusiastic about giving over the first weekend of her hols to a load of mad buggers who are daft about their cars.) Being a teacher who works from 0730 - 1730 5 days + evenings and weekends, she'll probably be sleeping most of the time!

It's good fun and and excellent opportunity to meet others Saabists, whether SOC Members or - being open to day visitors - non-Members such as Saapagers.

Frankly, I hope that as many of us from here as can make it will come along and have a chat and a laff.

There is, of course, no reason why TSP members shouldn't have their own separate event on another date, but wouldn't it be fun if we formed a "dynamic subset" at SOC events ? All the others would be jealous, and what's more we'd probably pull some more members into TSP.

Keith

I was under the impression that stalls/pitches weren't particularly expensive. However if you end up hiring a massive wagon to bring all your stock, and have to pay a bunch of sales people overtime rates then I can imagine the cost would be prohibitive. I mean, there's only so much kit that 200 owners are willing to buy.

It's a matter of scale, I guess. If you're just selling stuff as a part time business, and you want to go to the event anyway, then it makes sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.