Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many different colours of wood finish were available for the 9000 interior?

I see a lot of "walnut" items on Ebay at the moment, but mostly they look darker than the wood in mine.

Is there any easy way to determine what wood colour I have, like a code anywhere?

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by JohnCC:
[qb]I see a lot of "walnut" items on Ebay at the moment, but mostly they look darker than the wood in mine.
[/qb][/b]
Probably down to the quality of the photographs and the lighting conditions. Have you ever tried photographing a Saab walnut dash? I have. I can get it looking very murky and dark or very red and lustrous ...from the same dash.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
I've certainly seen two versions of the brown/red dash, and one is a fair bit lighter than the other. Add this to the photographic variations as /john says and you can get quite a range!

There's also a few green and grey walnut dashes around.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Theres definitely a few shades out there. Been trading on eBay for ages and bought and sold a fair amount of wood stuff. I've noticed the darker and lighter types...but also some horribly faded stuff too.

Easiest way was to keep the stuff that was same colour and sell on the stuff that was different.

My 9000 has more wood than Pinocchio's head and body. Hmm and my wife tell me my shed has even more

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.