Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my last service the "advisories" column included the near side wishbone bush which has become unbonded. The MOT is due in January and I take it this is like tyres where it's best to get both sides done?. Having had the Abbott ECU upgrade I'd like to do the same with the handling and have been reading about Koni's, dampers, etc, would you guys recommend I sort this out in one swoop or are the bushes a separate issue?. Cheers, Leo.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi Leo_9000CSE
The two can be done seperatly and the bushes are the cheapest and easiest of the two...go for poly and you should never have to change them again, and as everyone here will tell you the handling and ride will be transformed.
Especially if you are going for poly you should change both sides.

As for shocks and springs it realy depends on your budget and preference, all the ones available for saabs do a job!
I can recomend the koni kit as I have them fitted, available for under £380 adjustable (if thats what your after) although the rear shocks have to be removed to be adjusted.
They have transformed the ride and handling completly, bouncing around corners, nose diving when breaking and nose almost lifting off the ground under hard acceleration have all been eliminated, I now have a firmer but more comfortable and enjoyable ride than before...well worth it

Steve

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the advice Steve, the poly bushes sound like a good option, any idea how much they're likely to cost?.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hi
If your lookong to do the front and rear anti roll bars (advisable) and wishbones you should be able to get them all for under £60.00

Steve

·
Registered
662 Posts
im fitting these bushes at the weekend(weather permitting).ive got just the polybushes,so need to re use my old holders .will post back to let you know how i get on and what theyre like.wish me luck(theyre ment to be little piggies to do

·
Registered
662 Posts
and heres one i prepared earlier!!.thanks for that scaero.wish mine already looked like the red ones .should be ok though.im i gonna like it when theyre done?

·
Registered
662 Posts
well that was fun ,done the wishbones today.when i took off the old ones i couldnt believe the amount of play in them!.put the polys in(that was really enjoyable)they had no play at all.only had a spin round the block after,but i can feel its much tighter at the front.worth the aggro?...well hell yea!!

(spelling edit)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts