Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Glad to hear it!

If I don't get the 9-2x WIS in the next week or so, I`ll just release both packages 'AS-IS' and declare my little project finished.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Some info for people with Non-English versions of Windows:- You will be required to make a 'Users' group on your computer for the WIS to install properly. This can probably be removed afterwards and if I ever get round to re-doing the installation packages, I`ll make sure it's not needed..

Untitled1.png Untitled2.jpg Untitled3.jpg Untitled4.jpg Untitled5.jpg

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The Latest version of my installation is now ready.

This latest (and possibly final) version has the following fixes.....

1. Should have no more issues with non-English versions of Windows
2. Changes the shortcut(s) from advertised to standard, this should stop re-installs being required after large Windows 10 updates
3. Adds a shortcut to the Desktop after installation making it more obvious that it has finished.
4. Includes the extra PDF documents for the 900 (Service Information, Modification Information & Technical News) that aren't actually installed by the original installer! Please see the note below.

The installation still takes a long time to install, it is a LARGE program! When installed, it occupies 4.85GB but the installation file is compressed down to just 2.55GB. This saves on download times but requires longer to install. The installer still exhibits the same behaviour when installing eg, sits at 0 seconds remaining for ages - this is to be considered normal, when finished, the installer closes and now leaves a new icon on your Desktop.

GM900 note. This WIS now contains additional files for the GM900. These files are PDF's that download from the WIS into either your default browser or whatever other program that is associated with PDF's. 2 of my machines crash when the WIS tries to start the download but any fresh install of Windows that I`ve installed the WIS to works fine. I therefore believe that there is nothing wrong with the installation per say, but there is something wrong with my other machines. I haven't been able to work out what is causing it yet - it seems to be related to the WisView.OCX calling MFC42.DLL which is a VC++ DLL. I suspect that some Visual C++ updates might be causing this. I have successfully installed the WIS onto fresh Windows 7 & 10 computer and it works perfectly so there must be something else installed on my other machines that is interfering in some way.

PM me for the download link.

Frank.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thank you very much Frank..
Your modified program works fine on my Windows 7 64 Bit PC.

Thanks again mate,

Simon

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Latest version of the EPC is now online.

Nothing much has changed, I`ve just added a desktop shortcut to make it obvious that the installation has finished and also changed the shortcuts from advertised to standard for similar reason as listed in my WIS update.

PM me for the link.

Frank.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks go to Eulerian for providing me with the WIS for the 9-2x!!!

I`ve now integrated it into my existing package, PM me if you'd like to test this version too (it hasn't had much testing since the 9-2x was integrated).

Below is a list on Models/years currently covered by my WIS package:-

GM900 94-98
9-3 (9400) 98-03
9-5 (9600) 98-10
9-3 (9440) 03-12
9-2x 05
9-5 (9650) 10-11
9-4x 11

It should work on the following OS's :- Win XP (32&64bit), Vista (32&64bit), Win 7 (32&64bit), Win 8 (32&64bit) & Win 10 (32&64bit).

Frank.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My home computers have now installed the Latest Windows 10 build (v1703 aka Creators Update) and the latest versions of my WIS & EPC packages have been unaffected and continue to work as usual.

I think it's safe to say that I`m finished now! Yay!

Frank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a version of WIS running on an old windows vista computer in my garage until it crashed. When I rebooted - no WIS!!!! Now thanks to you I have it loaded again. I don't use it a great deal but it is handy now and again. Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
x64 versions of Electronic Accessories Catalogue, Menu Pricing & Standard Times Mechanical are now available!

PM me for links.

Thanks goes to Rax0r for the software.

Frank.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Just a small update regarding re-installs after windows updates on Win 10.

My main machine has now updated to the latest version of Windows 10 (1709 aka - Fall Creators Update) and the none of the SAAB software required a re-install.

Frank.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just received a message from Frank saying that he had finished up AIC as well now and i have tested it with no problem on Windows 10 FCU version 1709.

Many thanks to captainfrank :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
As already reported by Rax0r, the Accessories Installation Catalogue is now ready.

The problem with the Swedish language selection in the Electronic Accessories Catalogue has now been resolved by integrating it into the EPC package.

Frank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I`ve always been a bit bothered by having the EPC & WIS not installable on 64 Bit machines, so I`ve finally got off my lazy back side and done something about.

I`ve created a quick installation to install the 2013 WIS on a 64 Bit machine and a small Registry patch to be installed afterwards (shouldn't be necessary but for some reason I can't seem to capture the installation directories properly).

It's a native install that doesn't require VM's or XP mode.

Before releasing it into the wild, It'd like some beta testers just to make sure that everything works. Once we're all happy that it's working, I`ll then get to work on the EPC.

It's a large file (3.3Gb ZIP), so I`ll probably use something like Dropbox to distribute the file to you.

Frank.

PS, I`ve currently tested it on Windows 10 (build 1511) x64 & Windows 8.1 x64
Hi Frank, just wanted to thank you on all your efforts. I'm a recent first time Saab owner and have just came across this software program that I'm downloading right now. I thought I'd drop you a note to thank you for putting this information online for us Saab owners to use. It is so helpful to have this information available for us home body wrench turners to use who have all kinds of time right now and no money because we are not working much anymore. For me its a regular thing because I'm retired on a fixed income that can't afford taking into the shop to have others do the repairs. To find this repair and parts information the shops use is great and I knw it is going to help me out a whole lot, because like I said this is my first Saab and I've never even work on one before so having this program is great. Thanks again, and if you have any other links you can send my way it would be very appreciated.
M. Martin

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hi Frank, just wanted to thank you on all your efforts. I'm a recent first time Saab owner and have just came across this software program that I'm downloading right now. I thought I'd drop you a note to thank you for putting this information online for us Saab owners to use. It is so helpful to have this information available for us home body wrench turners to use who have all kinds of time right now and no money because we are not working much anymore. For me its a regular thing because I'm retired on a fixed income that can't afford taking into the shop to have others do the repairs. To find this repair and parts information the shops use is great and I knw it is going to help me out a whole lot, because like I said this is my first Saab and I've never even work on one before so having this program is great. Thanks again, and if you have any other links you can send my way it would be very appreciated.
M. Martin
Thanks for the kind words mate, that's why I did this.

Hopefully you'll find that the SAAB owners are a friendly bunch and full of good advice.

Frank.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts