Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am preparing my '89 9000SE (manual) as a pure track day car. To save weight (cheapest performance increase!) I have already stripped the interior out and have started on the excess mechanical parts, however whilst removing the heater, air con (which didn't work anyway) and cruise control I seem to have removed some parts/wiring/vacuum pipes under the dash that I shouldn't have done!! The car will not start now. If left it will fire up and then cut out again, then will not fire at all. There is petrol in the tank. Can anybody please help? (I still have the old parts) I think I may need a comprehensive wiring diagram and vacuum pipe diagram. doh!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Bottom port on bcv goes to turbo housing (this is called the "C" hose)and connects to the output side of the turbo (the "charged" or compressed air), on the underside of the turbo.

Middle port goes to the wastegate (this is the "W" hose)and connects to the wastegate actuator, below the turbo.

Top port on bpv goes to the intake tube between turbo and air mass (this is the "R" hose)and connects to the inlet side of the turbo, on the top.

There are some complete pictures on QuasiMotor's Saab 9000 web site.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm only familiar with the TCS version of cruise control.

Sounds possible the cruise 'removal' could be causing you problems, perhaps affecting the control of the throttle plate. You need advice from someone familiar with your version.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.