Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking to replace my clock with a trip computer part no 91 24 579. I know this is an older part no.than my 93 CSE specifies however was wondering if the wiring can be adapted

The car has two 8pin plugs in the loom Plug 1 is used for the existing clock and plug 2 is free

Cable Outs

Plug 1

1 Blue
2 Green
3 Black
4 Yellow

5 -
6 Yellow
7 Brown/red
8 White/Brown

Plug 2

1 Red
2 Black
3 Blue (lead trailing)
4 -

5 -
6 Black/Grey
7 White (lead trailing)
8 Green

On the reverse of the trip computer (91 24 579) there are two socket positions with pin-outs.

one has all 8 pinouts present the other has only 5 pinouts present.

Does anyone have the wiring details? Can the existing wiring be adapted to accept this trip computer?

deebel

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Here are the wiring diagrams for the '87 DCC (the one you have) and the '91 DCC which would have been fitted to the '93 as well.

I haven't looked at these carefully, but you might be able to deduce something from them about compatibility.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I tried a similar experiment and it worked. This is how I did.
I know that any computer will fit any 9000, so if my solution doesn't fit your problem, then it doesn't mean that it doens't exist.
If you want, I have a more detailed procedure, I'm not posting it yet because I'm not sure it helps in your case. Just ask if you want it.

HTH

·
Registered
39 Posts
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb]Where'd you get that, Andy? [/qb][/b]
Just noticed it should say MY 93 not 83 obviously!!

Hi Bill, I got it from alldatadiy.com where I have a subscription for M93 2.3 Turbo. It's a great resource - has just about all I need for the CSE - lots of electrical diagrams and some really useful recall and factory notices as well. It's only about 24 bucks a year and seems to be updated from time to time with new stuff - well worth the price.

Cheers Andy

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Andyham:
[qb]I got it from alldatadiy.com where I have a subscription for M93 2.3 Turbo.[/qb][/b]
The reason I asked is that I didn't see that in my AlldataDiy subscription. I probably didn't look hard enough.

I agree that it's a great resource, largely cribbed from the factory manuals, as far as I can see.

·
Registered
39 Posts
QUOTE] I didn't see that in my AlldataDiy subscription. I probably didn't look hard enough.

I suspect that the combination of different model year and model type produce different vintages with varying levels of info available from year to year and model to model.

I am fairly sure that I have noticed new data coming on line over the course of last year on my 93t so it's building up all the time.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Originally posted by Mark E:
[qb]I think it will also be necessary to change the control/EDU display unit that sits in the main instrument cluster as well to the right year/function variant... [/qb][/b]
No, I don't think so. In my '87 with a '92 SCC, it was not necessary. EDU and SCC are two separate working units, they maybe have some sensors/inputs in common but they don't cooperate.
Any DCC/SCC from any year can fit any 9000, it's just a matter of wirings, that are not complicated(the only information my SCC needs from the car is the speed signal, it's easy to take it from the speedo).

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have plugged in the DCC using the 8pin plug from the clock and the other 8pin plug which was on the same loom.

The EDU (which I think is a EDU3)works and the DCC R and Info buttons seem to control it OK

However the display on the DCC is blank although I can see the clock display on the LCD.

Need to investigate the function of each pinout

Really would like to crack it as the extra functions on the DCC would be good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts