Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

On my 1996 9000 CS, I switched the rear wiper on recently and it stopped after 1/2 a sweep. No front wipers or washers either.

No 8 fuse (20 amp), was blow and when I replaced this fuse it blew straight away. I haven't had a chance to have a decent look around yet. Where would you suggest I start.

Is it likely to be a relay?

Thanks

Buckles

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hi Ian,
Doubtful that a relay could cause a short circuit. Try dissconnecting the rear wiper motor wiring in the hatch. If the fuse now stays intact then the rear wiper motor windings could be on short.
HTH
Nick.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nick, I should have thought of that.

I disconnected the multi plug at the rear wiper, the fuse stays intact and everything else is now normal.

It is a Japanese wiper motor! Anyway, the motor and associated wiring look perfect. I guess the next step is to have the motor checked by an auto electrician

cheers

Ian Buckley

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Try taking the arm off and anointing the spindle with WD40 or similar,the shaft can sieze and as the motor can't turn will eventually blow a fuse,I had the same problem on one of mine,when I took the arm off, the spindle and surounding casting were one lump of corrosion,dissimilar metals etc
Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had the wiper motor checked by an auto electrician who said there was nothing wrong. I reinstalled it and now everything is perfect. Now I am none the wiser but the problem is fixed.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.