Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into Halfords today to buy some new wiper blades for my 2005 9-3 Estate but they didn't have any. Looking on the internet I'm not sure which one's fit, any advice or part numbers out there?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've used wiperblades.co.uk. You just put in the details of your car, and then it returns a list of results applicable to your vehicle. In the case of the Saab the front wipers are 23". It seems the rear one is a specific type of 12" wiper blade.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
A lot of the aftermarket suppliers will offer you a 22 inch blade instead of the 23 inch that Saab fit. It's a bit less window that gets cleared, but not enough to be a problem.

Driver's side has a spoiler.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I've ordered the aeroflat blades off ebay, they say for the 95 but I will let you know if they fit my 93.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they fit fine, and look quite good. However.............. I'm still unsire if they are any good as I'm noticing a bit of smeering on the return wipe and some jumping as well when there isnt much rain. I will give them a few weeks to bed in but if they continue I will get some others.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Officially the 9-3SS and 9-5 have different blades, but I have bought standard blades for my 9-5 and used them on her 9-3SS with no problem.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They didn't have any on ebay for the 9-3ss so I measured the ones originally on the car and they were both 23". I haven't had any smearing or jumping with the set I got, so not sure what's happened there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts