Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Wiper blades etc.

Tags
blades wiper
5K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  sgould 
#1 ·
Found this link on another (non-Saab) BB. Bosch Wiper blades for £8.75/pair or £9.75 with spoiler. Too good to be true or a good offer?

Eveything else they do seems a bit too Max Power for me

http://www.localcarsupplies.com/products

See less See more
#2 ·
That seems about right to me. The manufacturer's selling UK selling price is around £5.00, excluding VAT. Places like Halfords work off a 60% mark-up based on final selling price. But other companies have a far lower mark-up. I get mine from CPC and the prices are about the same as localcarsupplies.com.

#8 ·
Originally posted by Ian Donald:
[qb]Arrived today - 2 Bosch super front blades (with spoilers) and 1 rear blade - all for £12.40 post paid. Thanks for the tip sgould!      [/qb][/b]
Doh!
I wish you guys had posted this thread last week. Last Saturday I went to my local Saab dealer: £12.39 for a Saab rear wiper blade

#13 ·
Originally posted by comical engineer:
[qb]At low speeds they are of little value but you may find problems at motorway speeds. [/qb][/b]
Thanks for the welcome. I haven't really been on the motorway much since I got my pride and joy (9-5 2.3 lpt, Arc Auto in cosmic blue )so I can't say if I have the blade lifting problem, although I have been on the M25 in it but as it resembles a car park nowadays more than anything else I think I'm safe to maintain I've yet to let the beauty stretch it's legs.

#14 ·
I recently got my Bosch set with one spoiler for the drivers side from the bay of cheap and plenty.

Cost me £7 for the pair (so I got a second set)and £2.50 for delivery.
Also managed to get two 19" air sets for the wife's shopping trolley for £5.50 each and paid no extra for delivery.

That'll keep us going for a couple of years.

I did have to wait over a period on a week for the auctions to finish, but well worth it as I spend far too long online anyway.

#16 ·
Originally posted by sgould:
[qb]Found this link on another (non-Saab) BB.  Bosch Wiper blades for £8.75/pair or £9.75 with spoiler.  Too good to be true or a good offer?

http://www.localcarsupplies.com/products  [/qb][/b]
Can't find any wiper blade links on the site - where do I go from the front screen?? I've tried "Cars" and gone on a few screens but can't find anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.