Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All

I have just "Exchanged" wing mirrors on the Morning Commute at a closing speed of approx 50 mph - not my fault I'm pleased to say!

Despite a road full of debris - his, My mirror casing etc seems fine and has folded back and all seems OK except the electric adjustment no longer works vertically. Motor wirrs but no movement. Any ideas please? Glass is still in place but how do I remove to check inside without breaking?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
David, good job it was only your wing mirror that he clipped.
To get the glass out; look at the bottom of the mirror and you'll see a small hole about 4-5mm dia, If you poke a flatblade screwdriver in there you should be able to engage it in a plastic slot which slides to one side or the other (I can't remember which). This rotates a plastic ring which holds the glass on.
The motor mechanism has a few plastic gears and links, hopefully something has just popped off or become displaced and can be popped back again. I had one few years back which had a broken plastic link that mended successfully with superglue.

·
Registered
246 Posts
ylee cote's reply explains why I found something other than the pic of the mirror itself quite familiar on the page (I skimmed through quite fast) It was one of the regulars of saabscene. Anyway hope both of you get what you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts