Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

WIng Mirror frame / glove box light

4K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  bayesp 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if you can get just the black plastic frame bit for the drivers side wing mirror?

Also, is there supposed to be a light in the glovebox?

Thanks

Paul

#5 ·
I had to replace mine some time back but that included the whole shell as well. So that meant removing the rubber seal and undoing the bolts holding the unit to the car. As far as I recall to replace the black surround you just take out the mirror glass then the black surround is held in by some small screws .

Hopefully thats it!!!!

#9 ·
Yes just lever it off very carefully.One of mine came out a few months ago and when I put it back the clips holding it seemed very loose so I just put some clear adhesive sealant on the touching surfaces to help hold it.No probs now.

I read some where it may have 4 clips holding it but I cant confirm this.Dont think mine had 4 clips but as said previously design might have changed.

#10 ·
The glass clips on by the black plastic upstands on the back of the mirror glass. They are in a circle around the centre. When I took the glass out the second time , instead of levering from the side, I stuck the large suction foot from my satnav windscreen mounting onto the glass and it pulled off cleanly - any similar large sucker would do. You can see the clips if you move the glass to its full inward position and look from the outside edge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.