Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The washer bottle on my '98 9000 Aero has sprung a leak. It seems the hose to the rear washers has split or come adrift in the vicinity of the washer bottle as water leaks from behind the bumper, and pours out when the rear washers are used (no water gets to the rear screen)
It would be a great help to know how to expose the washer bottle without dismantling half the car un-necessarily.

Thanks in advance

Paul

·
Registered
763 Posts
It may not be a leak...if your power steering bottle is leaking fluid at bottom pipe connecters, the fluid gets to the washer pipes which run under it and then seeps down the inner wing to the plastic connectors/branches of the washer pipes in the wing housing and slip off. To get access and check, take off the front driver side wheel, then remove the black plastic inner front liner to the front wing, once removed you will be able to see if it is just loose piping or a leak. If loose pipes have come off, clean joints properly and reinstate with one of those plastic 'click-click' locking strips.
Good-luck!

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
There's a simpler way to inspect it... remove the front RH quarter tray that also allows you access to the foglamp. Youy cna also get at the valves to replace them if they have failed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.
It turned out to be the hose split at the end so no cost except 40 minutes time. I did access via the quarter panel but had to remove wheel arch liner to reach the connection. Easier than I expected due to the use of stainless fasteners - very thoughtful of those Saab people!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts