Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can i get rid of annoying wind noise from front doors/windows at anything over 70.i have looked at the seals and they look ok.also is it possible to quieten thewiper motor as it is doing my nut in;

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
If the car has had a new windscreen at some time in its life and it was fitted by one of the "fast-fit" windscreen places (Autoglass, etc.), then chances are that they have used a big fat generic rubber seal rather than the proper Saab trim which is very low profile. My two CSEs had had this done and this type of trim generates a lot of wind noise. I managed to retro-fit the Saab trim to one of them, but it's not supposed to be possible and it is very difficult.

Strangely, that same CSE which I retrofitted the trim to also has an unusually loud wiper motor compared to my other 9000s. I've yet to figure out what the difference is, but I know what you mean - it is very loud. I've never had that problem on any other 9000 and my other two have very quiet wiper motors.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by zeppelin:
[qb]how can i get rid of annoying wind noise from front doors/windows at anything over 70.i have looked at the seals and they look ok.also is it possible to quieten thewiper motor as it is doing my nut in; [/qb][/b]
I don't know how old your car is, but my understanding (though I can't remember where it came from) is that dealers were instructed to reset doors if purchasers of early cars complained. Needless to say, this was not given much publicity. Later cars, it seems, had the doors fitted more closely to the frame to reduce the noise. Nor can I remember why this shouldn't be a job the owner can do, sorry. I'm afraid wind noise is a fact of life in a CS/CSE!

Cheers,
Harry
MY93 2.3T

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi,
I think I solved a bit the problem.

I already posted it here , if you have questions just post.

I can assure you that all the leaks are gone, even up to 220km/h. The car isn't what I can define "silent", but the door gaskets were leaking and now they do no more. So I think it's a procedure it's worth a try...

Please let me (us, actually ) know if it works for you too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.