Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1994 9000CDE lpt auto.

When traavelling at speeds of 70mph+ there seems to be alot of wind noise, as though its a windy day, when its not.

A friend thought that the doors might need ajusting, but I have looked and everything there seems fine.

Is it that the shape of 9000's catch the wind, or is it that becuase the engine is so quiet you hear more outside noises.

Any advice would be really apriated.
Cheers
Jeremy

·
Registered
126 Posts
door seals... let me doubt... I have the same thing on my 9000cs23t. But it seems is not just the wind wjowing in through sealing. Yes, it sounds like wind, but always coming in instantly as already loud noise, even with sharp interruptions, which guides me to think of a different sealing, somewhere in motor-room. So my suggestion is to seek for some faulty valve or sealing between pipes. Any sugesstions are very welcome, cause I have not sorted it yet, and thus not knowing the solution for it.

BR
Dzintars

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Strange, "wjowing" is how I'd describe the noise I get when it rains heavily and the water bubbles in the area of the sun roof; actually wjowing plopple plopple would be more like it.

I propose than from now on, on this website, any strange noise associated with air movement should become wjowing, as a tribute to the international nature of this board.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a wjowing noise that becomes prominent at 60-70 mph+ it seems to be coming from the top of the windscreen, you can hear a deafanate wind or wjowing noise if you put your ear near there when driving. Other drivers look at you as if you are some retarded wjowing idiot!
I had the windscreen replaced a while back and wonder if thats the cause as I'm sure the noise was never there before, about the same time I noticed dog poo smelling washer fluid but thats another story.

Seriously though has anyone else noticed wind noise after a new screen.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I feel very cheated when I had my 9000 there were no wjowing plopple plopple noise or dog poo smells in the washer fluid. But luckily I do have a damp smell in my 9-5 when air con and the air circ button are on. Almost forgot we do have an evil wind smell when my husband gets in.
The kids and I loathe it especially when he wont let us open the windows.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dear JohnC "You are what you eat" springs to mind.

Saabpilot you could try putting that smelly washing up liquid in the washer bottle then it wouldn't be like poo but all flowery or pine or lemon ech week it could be different,the smells could be endless. Saabchick how about investing in a couple of corks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.