Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking of getting a wind deflector for my 93 convertible … do they really make a big difference? …. I personally think they spoil the aesthetics of the car but if they keep me a little warmer and ruffle my hair less then it could be worth going for.

Tel

·
Registered
115 Posts
They do make a big difference. I agree that they can look untidy - but remember that you can fold the vertical section down flat, for when the roof's up or when you're only going slowly, round town.

They're a bit of a pain to remove and put away if you suddenly need to have rear-seat passengers and it's raining (much easier to remove when roof's down), but I'd certainly not be without mine. A long fast journey with the roof down is a very much calmer and warmer experience with the deflector!

·
Registered
6 Posts
They do make a big difference. I agree that they can look untidy - but remember that you can fold the vertical section down flat, for when the roof's up or when you're only going slowly, round town.

They're a bit of a pain to remove and put away if you suddenly need to have rear-seat passengers and it's raining (much easier to remove when roof's down), but I'd certainly not be without mine. A long fast journey with the roof down is a very much calmer and warmer experience with the deflector![/b]
I will be taking delivery of a 9-3 convertible in about 6 weeks time just in time for the good weather (I hope!
), Can anyone advise me of a reputable supplier of Saab wind deflectors? The company pay for the car but alas I have to pay for the wind deflector
Help / advice is much appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
There's a few on ebay! They claim to be new, boxed, etc.[/b]
Yes, I have looked at them and incidentally that's how I came across this site. Ebay is a bad word with me at the moment I just got stitched up by a guy selling fake Tomtom SD cards which are promoted as originals! But not to worry he is being served with a writ this morning for full recovery of all my costs
and all done from the comfort of my PC too!

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
We got one for the 'vert from them. Very good, fitted without a problem had to remove the trim on the seatbelt pillars to fit the bracket and they missed a bit on the instructions, but I think they might have fixed that now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

Sorry to hear you had such problems with Ebay

Got my from ebay kast year they are all around £200 and the one I got was as goosd as new genuine Saab part too

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just secured an 'as new' Saab wind deflector from ebay for £110 - major bargain!!! Arrived today and in near perfect condition with instructions and bag etc. Cant believe I nearly paid £345 to GM for the thing...

I've done loads on ebay for a couple of years and never got stung, as long as you are careful and shop wisely I have found it to be great for items like this

By the way, my first post here as my new car comes next Tuesday

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your car is a huge investment. You, therefore, have to put in some work and money into protecting it and ensuring that it can serve you for the most extended period. Excellent maintenance and care are equivalent to a more extended serving vehicle, and while there is a lot you can do to keep your car safe, the first and most crucial step is protecting it from the day to day harsh elements. i forund a website here you can chose best custom car covers, Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you ensure that your car stays in good condition all the time? The secret is buying the best car covers on the market. Having a car cover is vital especially if you do not have a garage. It protects your car from dings, dents, scratches and hazardous weather condition. For the best protection, you should look for a car cover that fits properly.

For most people, buying a car cover can be a tough job. How do you know which type of car cover is suitable for you? What are some of the most important things that you should have in mind when you are buying a car cover? Visit for more details: water resistant car cover

1 - 16 of 16 Posts