Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1992 9000 xsi which when i put the vin into Billj's vin checker comes up with this
Specification for Saab 9000 VIN:
Model year
Model series
Unknown series "C" for model year 1991 (Saab internal use only?)
Body style
5-door Combi-Coupe
Engine
Fuel injection, B202 (2.0l non-turbo)
Transmission
5-speed manual
Built at
Trollhattan line A
now on looking into the car further it has a very high spec for a 9000i, climate control,driver/pass info center,sep radio/cass cd amp, and until my pal drove the car standard susp/wheels. on driving the car he told me that his 1991 9000s is like a boat compaired to it, as a result of being advised from this forum i got myself f/r rollbar bushes and when i went to fit them 17mm found the rollbars to be 18mm also the car sits 15mm lower than his 9000i, could this car be fitted with turbo susp from the factory as it has the wheels and tyres (from in the 1991 brochure) of the 2.3 se turbo, i only want to know so as when i come to replace things what do i order.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
It sounds like your car has had some of the items from the Carlsson models fitted, such as the larger diameter anti-roll bars and possibly lower and stiffer suspension. Of course some of the items may have been ripped out of a donor car and added later.

What history do you have for the car? Do you know if it was originally a company car? The reason for asking is that I know some companies have a policy of NOT running cars with over 150bhp for insurance reasons (if they are to be used as pool cars), I know the company I work for operates this way. So the original driver may have paid out of his own pocket to have the full option pack thrown at it to compensate for the lack of turbo

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I'm pretty sure only the CD had 17mm anti-roll bars. In general, earlier hatchbacks had 18mm, I think, and later ones (starting with the Aero) had 19mm. There may have been some others with 19mm bars, such as the Carlsson.

A 9000 with suspension in poor condition can indeed feel like a boat, especially if the wishbone bushes are worn.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
the 900 and 9000 xs was supposed to be a company car tax break special.

They were i's with some extra, mainly either a steel sun roof or Manual Air Con, cd player, centre air rest, and black ormetallic paint. and the price was £19,245 (for the 9000's).

I have an XS brochure somewhere with the specs..

Andrew

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry scaero should have seen your post, no armrest wood on dash, climate control, driver/pass info center, front fog lights, sep r/casset cd and amp, leather steering wheel and rear spoiler + wash wipe which i dont think the i had and it is scarabe green with angora int wheels are the same as a 2.3 se.
colin

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've come across a 9000i non-turbo original (CC) bodyshell fitted with sports suspension (which is what this one sounds like) from new - belonged to one of my acquaintances. Unusual but not unknown.

Paul Whittle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.