Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just changed to an aero auto which I swapped all my stuff over from the manual such as suspension,brakes,wheels, etc and had ecu upgrade. It was when I saw Giles's aero at Abbott I got hooked. It got me wondering who out there has got the fastest auto and what sort of things have they done. After all there must be other sad people like me out there.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hayes, did Giles's say how much the auto box could take reliably power and torque wise and not self destruct, also any idea what hp your's is producing just now, reason being i am looking at a super chip for the V6 but don't want to overload the auto box.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Microcat, it is torque, not horsepower, that will kill the auto box. While you might raise the power well beyond that of a 2.3T, you're unlikely to exceed the 2.3T's torque by very much. Keep the maximum torque below 300Nm, which is the design limit of the gearbox. Maximum torque of the standard V6 is 270Nm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.