Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Yummy......yes please.....and 4 pots fit within 17" as well.......

But, the name suggests possibly magnessium, which probably means mucho mucho ££££.....

Edited....just found them on their website, their aluminium alloy rather than magnessium alloy... but I did notice the website says 5 stud only......hmmmmnn....and these are clearly 4 stud in the photo......

·
Registered
778 Posts
Well, this isn't too far off-topic, seeing as we're discussing brakes - and there is a Corvette in the background of the top picture. The wheels on this one are 18" too, but considerably wider (10"?, IIRC). And the color on this one is very close to being the same as the blue Aero - I think GM calls this Electron Blue

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Harry,

Because all 9000 cars have a four stud fixing ?.. where as the GM900, 9-3 and 9-5 have a five stud fixing.?

I think that the wheels mentioned about are the closest thing I've seen yet to the Hirsch wheels which, as far as I know, are only available in five stud format.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by MarkA:
[qb]I think that the wheels mentioned about are the closest thing I've seen yet to the Hirsch wheels which, as far as I know, are only available in five stud format. [/qb][/b]
MarkA - are you sure that they are not Hirsch Alloys? Hirsch do modifications for the 9000 - so I would not be surprised if they had the technomagnesio style alloy made with the four stud fixing?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
It is quite possible that Tecnomagnesio did do a 4 stud fitment back in the mists of time. It seems that many wheel manufacturers these days no longer offer 4 stud fitments, only 5. Some years ago you could only get 4 stud fitments. Oh, how times change

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by aeropilot:
[qb]Yummy......yes please.....and 4 pots fit within 17" as well.......                  

[/qb][/b]
There are 16" Compomotive motorsport wheels that will accommodate 330mm brake kits- I saw some down at Abbott last week. I'm giving them serious consideration for track use as they would allow me to use the super sticky Yokohama A032 or A038

·
Registered
496 Posts
According to my "research" the Ford Focus Rims will fit the 9000's. However I am not positive if that is for the 86-94 Cars or the 94+ 9000's. But apparently that open's up the market very much for "Saab" rims. Just an update.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.