Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Not sure of the size, but £175 for 4 "good - to new condition" alloy wheels is a very reasonable price. Depends on condition of course.. and how much kerbing which could cause permanent vibration, etc.

If they come with tyres that have 3+ mm tread, then it's even better value.

I paid £135 + postage for 4 brand new 15" 3 spoke alloys (dealer stock clearance on E-bay). But that was a bargain!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
They were fitted to my 1994 car, and are quite common in the UK. I think they were fitted for a few years. I do not know about 225 tyres. I think Scaero has 225 tyres, but on 16" wheels, and I think there were comments about them rubbing. Perhaps someone else can help.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I have 225/50*16 tyres fitted and they were fine on my standard Aero suspension but rubbed a little on fuill lock (just like the standard 205/55*16's did).

I've now got the Gmax 40mm lower springs on and over hard dips in the road I can get a small amount to rear rubbing in the wheel arch trim bolts, but not enough to damage the tyres (even when new).

I will consider triming the bolts threads back or changing to 215 tyres for the next lot if they are cheap enough.

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.