Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everbody,

I have a Maptuned 97' 9000CSE 2.3T auto. The wastegate actuator failed (thanks for Mark E's diagnosis!), Troubleshooting; No stunning boost to hit fuel-cut while W port of APC disconnected.

Now I'd shop for a new actuator. Anyone who has experience with Forge wastegate actuator (~£100)?OR should I go for the original one (Elkparts quote £175.-)?

Thanks for all suggestions

·
Registered
836 Posts
You might try Turbo Technics (big Garrett agent) they could have sourced me an original from Garrett, but the delivery was poor and they suggested they had american made high-spec actuators in stock at any pressure you wanted, and about £65 (way less than the original price). They do mail-order.
The drawback was I needed to make an adaptor to lengthen the rod, but that was just a small piece of round bar ,drilled and tapped.

I have a 0.5 bar actuator spare in my workshop if you want it? (still needs adaptor)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SJ,

As you suggested, I have checked TurboTechnics web-site, yet not contacted them for inquiry. It seems they are great retailers .

I may be interested in your spare actuator (is it reconditioned or new?). Can you send me a pic? (Sorry, Though I am not much familiar with repairs I still insist on DIY!). Price? I live in Turkey, Ankara.

Have a good day..

·
Registered
382 Posts
you might try maptun, they will sell you a uprated actuator, then just return your old one to them. i have one fitted to my stage 3 maptun, and i have no problems since fitting about 9 months ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts