Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know this topic has been discussed many times before, but knowing what you know now, would you choose for the same tuner again?

I ask this because I'm looking around for a steg3 upgrade for my 2.0T 9-3. I still got plenty of time before the actual purchase, but I find it difficult to choose.

I am leaning towards these:

speedparts steg 3 (chip,JT 3" with sportcat and JR airfilter): 245hp, 356nm @ 1311Euro

maptun steg 3 (chip, 3" exhaust with sportcat and JR airfilter) : 265hp, 370nm @ 1500Euro

Sqr steg 3 (chip, JT 3" with sportcat and JR airfilter) : 251hp, 373nm @ ???? euro

Hirsch ecu + JT 3" with sportcat and JR airfilter
: 251hp, 359nm @ 1200Euro

Looking at the figures, maptun seems to win this competition. Are these figures for real? Or will they all perform the same

What I also would like to know is if the ecu of a stage 1 differs from a steg 3 ecu.

Tx

Marc

·
Registered
227 Posts
Originally posted by Marky:
[qb]  knowing what you know now, would you choose for the same tuner again?
Marc [/qb][/b]
Yes, i have a 9k 2.0t and my stage 2 is from speedparts, I am currently toying with the idea of getting the stage 3 or 4... Stage 4 is the racecat and T28 turbo.....more lag!! (may put me off).Maybe better just going for the stage 3

What I also would like to know is if the ecu of a stage 1 differs from a steg 3 ecu  [/b]
Yes they do differ.....stage 1&2 uses the same mapping however stage 3 will require a remap.

Map Tun will give you a 90% reduction in cost for a remap.

Speedparts will charge £80 (UK Stirling).

Sqr...? should also offer a reduction.

Steve

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's great to hear that the software from a stage one differs from a stage 3 one. This excludes the Hirsch option for me.

Right now I'm leaning towards the maptun upgrade, simply because they seem to give the best performance. Is there anyone with a 9-3 maptuned car on this bord? I know of Philip Hs, but anyone with a 2.0T?

·
Registered
382 Posts
i have a maptun stage 3 9000 2.0lpt. i have not tried the other conversions. i can tell you that my car feels very fast, from 4k rpm it feels very very fast. it is reliable,smooth and economical. i choose maptun over the others because they had the best torque curve, and you are speaking directly to the people who do the remapping.

·
Registered
115 Posts
www.chipcenter.cc
For some reason, this isn't as popular a tuner for Saab as Abbott, Hirsch, Maptun but when I purchased my stage 1 from them, they were very quick with replies, information and shipment. They will give excellent service and they have very competetive prices. Make sure you at least check them out before buying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts