Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '96 CDE has adjustable Konis fitted. I'm hopefully getting some 16" Super Aeros next week and I'm looking for some lowered springs.

Problem is, Elkparts list spring kits but only list the CS model. Do they also apply to my CDE?

Also, are lowered springs naturally stiffer?

Ash

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Shorter springs have to be stiffer to prevent the vehicle from reaching the limit of it's suspension travel. So the more you lower the car the stiffer it gets.

Try contacting Julian at Elk' regarding the CD vs CS query, they're a friendly bunch.

Nick.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I know this isnt answering the question - but if you find springs other than the 250gbp abbott ones that work well with the koni's, and dont end up with the car 2mm from the ground I'd be really keen to know. There seem to have been posts on niggles (some small) with most of the other brands of springs - but the abbott ones seem to be be the best. Its the doubling of price that's hard to justify...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going for the Sachs/Boge ones supplied by Elkparts. They'e quoted as 40mm lower which doesn't seem enough enough to drop the car down too far. After all, it's only this
|---------------| much ;-)

I really don't want it to look too low. My look is 'wolf in sheeps clothing' and I want it to stay that way.

Ash

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.