Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx scaero,my aero used to be auto,I just wanted to see what box I got in the conversion.I was told it was an aero box,but cant get the serial numbers to match on a site with gearbox specs

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Jig,

What you will want/need/wish to check..

The Auto Aero came with a 200bhp ecu (the 2.3TCSE one) and a Garrett Turbo.

The Manual Aero came with a 225bhp ECU and a Mitsubishi TD04HL Turbo.

If you've had the gearbox replaced with a manual you probably have a mix of both.

Andrew

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes scaero it still has the garret T25,it also has a MBC.My next question was should I keep the T25 or switch to the TD03 before doing more mods.Ultimate goal is high 200's bhp .Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I would say that if you are looking for a reliable amount over 250bhp then seriously consider a TD04 for some other hybrid, but I'd carry on with what you have until you kill it.

The T25 is a good little unit and spins up and gives the 2.3 tremendous boost form almost 0 revs, but by 4000-4500rpm it's running out of steam and having trouble maintaining boost without lots of heat.

The TD04 boosts much better higherr up, but other turbo's are even better.

Some people here even have roller ball bearing turbo's, madly short boost spin up and good boost....

Andrew

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea was thinkin why waste a good turbo as its only done 50k.Is 250 bhp to much for the T25,will it just kill the turbo or damage the engine too?What other turbo's are worth considering?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.