Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Which Engine Does Your 9-3 Have?

• Total voters
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
The 1.8t being obviously the best choice :p ...cheaper insurance, cheaper road tax and £500 buys you aero power ;)
<sniggers> £80.00 buys my aero 255bhp and 350 torques - and my insurance goes up by £30.00 my road tax is £240.00 p/a

TBH the 1.8t and lower powered 2.0l have similar insurance and fuel economy to the 210bhp cars, having driven the 175bhp it left me little choice but to go for the Aero which is a better point to start modding from :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well I'm Saabless at the moment... but I'm after a 1.8t mainly for insurance and reliability reasons... However I may get a cheeky insurance quote for an Aero and see what the difference is... ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Saab 9-3 1.9 TID 120 with DPF remove because I had the engine remap which meant after a fuel dosage change the DPF was getting wet with the extra fuel being sent down there. Without the DPF it's running so much better, with better fuel consumption.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well before my car had been totaled by some light fixable damage I had a 2006 aero 2.8L six speed. 250hp stock. Best time in the qt was 14.7 taking down a bran new hemi challenger. The cars throttle response was amazing and underestimated by most people. I want another one! Lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have just bought a 2006 convertible aero 3 with a 2.8 V6. When I got it home I rummaged through the paperwork and found out that the nice gentleman at Hirsch did a remap too. The insurance didn't go up much from my previous bog standard 9-3 convertible and I know the tax is high but I just DONT' care because I LOVE IT ! Saab.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
New one Z19DT 6 speed manual 2005 got some low down punch just where you need it .
Compared to my 2.0 diesel Mazda 6 this has grunt all through the rev range .

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Just Replaced my (54)150 Tid with a (56)Aero 210 ...... So I'm a member of the B207R club now ......Less than 50K too ........ I'm all McDonalds about stuff now (Lovin' It) :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Our 11-reg 9-3 convertible has the B207E ( and only 9,500 miles on it) and our 60-reg 9-3X SportWagon has the B207R unit.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts