Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Which Engine Does Your 9-3 Have?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cast your votes to show which engine your 9-3 Sports Saloon, Combi Wagon or Convertible has....

2.2 Diesel (D223L)
1.9 120 Diesel (Z19DT)
1.9 150 Diesel (Z19DTH)
1.9 180 Diesel (Z19DTR/A19DTR)
1.8 Non-turbo (Z18XE)
1.8 t (B207E)
2.0 t (175 - B207L)
2.0 T (210 / 220 - B207R)
2.8 V6 (250 / 280 - B284)

·
Administrator
5,120 Posts
MY04 Aero-B207R

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Looks like I'm the only non turbo saab owner here although u am looking for a petrol 1.8/2l turbo 2004/5 <90k miles with good body, engine & gearbox don't mind if its got gremlins in the electronics

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like I'm the only non turbo saab owner here although u am looking for a petrol 1.8/2l turbo 2004/5 <90k miles with good body, engine & gearbox don't mind if its got gremlins in the electronics
Be careful what you wish for - with the CANbus system, the electronics can be very frustrating to work with.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
its interesting because usually only people with an interest in cars join (and take part in votes etc) on forums, which is probably why the Aero engine is quite high in the rankings. In terms of percentage of actual cars produced there would be an overwhelming amount of smokey diesels and 1.8t's compared to Aeros I reckon.

·
Banned
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its interesting because usually only people with an interest in cars join (and take part in votes etc) on forums, which is probably why the Aero engine is quite high in the rankings. In terms of percentage of actual cars produced there would be an overwhelming amount of smokey diesels and 1.8t's compared to Aeros I reckon.
You're forgetting, though, that this is a very international forum. In the US, for example, no diesel-engined 9-3's were sold, so this changes the balance of responses. If it were just a UK poll, diesels would have a clear advantage.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
This is true and some drive Saab powered other marques :rolleyes:
Guilty M'lud. I've come to accept that it's far easier to just pretend my Cadillac is really a 9-3. I'm reminded of this fact every time I clean the engine bay and wipe over the VIN plate displaying 'SAAB Automobile'. Then again, most of the service items I buy are Vauxhall, so I really do get to pick and choose!

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Taken the Saab badges off mine ...... Its now a badged up Vauxhall Vectra 1.9 CDTI ....... The tax is fantastically cheaper & los of pplz scratch their heads as I drive past. I love criminality..... Makes me feel all warm inside ;@)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts