Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I going to chip my 9000 2.3 full blown auto and want to know which chip would be best for my needs between the Abbott and the Elks parts one.
I after better overtaking 40 - 90 not 0 - 60 -I'll blow the auto gearbox if I give it a hand full from standstill! Also as I do 100 miles a day up an A road I not looking to lobotomise my MPG.

Any one got some comparison MPGS and thoughts?

Cheers for any help

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Well I'm a Speedparts fan myself Abbotts could give me an extra 40bhp but I'm getting an extra 115bhp with my upgrade (just ordered)
I did the stage one and in my case I got an extra 65bhp for less money than Abbotts 40bhp increase

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by Saabman:
[qb]Well I'm a Speedparts fan myself        Abbotts could give me an extra 40bhp but I'm getting an extra 115bhp with my upgrade (just ordered)    :fawlty:                    I did the stage one and in my case I got an extra 65bhp for less money than Abbotts 40bhp increase      [/qb][/b]
The Abbott one was cheaper than the Speedparts one when I got mine recently (£400 all in). For me, 40bhp increase (to 210 - mine's an LPT) was enough, I wanted to keep the auto box intact.

Performance
has improved hugely, and fuel consumption is slightly *better* (it would be even better if I didn't drive it faster than I used to ), at about 29.5mpg, compared to about 28.5 efore (I have, unfortunately, a completely predicatable and consistent commute of 500 miles a week, so I'm certain there's an improvement)

The other change I made was to fit polybushes for the rear ARB. This also made a big difference - if you're going to have more power, you might as well make it go around corners better too. And at about £10 for the parts, it's a pretty trivial cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.