Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for being a pain in the **** , but I am about to go for either of these cars but which one I dont know,and I feel the need for some help.

The first in one is a 9000 K reg 2.0 LPT manual saloon,138k with a FSH (West cars Glasgow) up to 106, Mot'd sep,no tax!,and a very good body.
Drives fine apart from the turbo gives some kind of "kick" or stutter when you accelarate,then its seems to kinda clear.
There's no a/c or leather,and the 'lecky aerial isn't there well the mast anyway. The guy wants £400.

The other is also a 9000 H reg 2.3 (non) manual,135k (no s/h) mot'd feb 04,no tax! has slight dents in the pass front & rear doors (not that noticable).
The usual Saab trait with the bottom of the doors,leather but no a/c,and the pass front window doesn't work.
He wants £450 no offers.

Can I just say I allways wanted the 2.3 manual,so I could eventually (maybe) put a FBT in it. But the other has the LPT and newer and has been kept a bit better.
I'm really not sure what one to go for, they both have good qualities about them,what would a prospective buyer decide.

Please help on this one

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Forget about a 2.3 NA to turbo conversion. It's simply a non starter for many reasons including wrong compression ratios, wiring looms, exhausts, etc etc etc...

The 2.0lpt can be reliably tuned up to about 200hp with the additon of an intercooler, APC valve and ECU.

As for the choice, I'd say the K reg CS. For a start it's 2 years younger, and there's less wrong with it. The stutter could be simply due to it needing a new set of plugs. At the worst, it's a new DI at about £150.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Having owned both a 9000 and now a CS I would go for the CS if for no other reason that they seemed to get the corrosion problem sorted when you compare them to the 9000. I also think they look a bit better, mind when I had a 9000 I thought that looked better than the CS.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that guy's, but what I forgot to ask is what that main diffirence turbo's.
Well I know someone in a previous post mentioned it could be something to do with tax dodges of diffirent coutries because of the power.
But I take it the turbo's are completely,diffirent in the way they work.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also ound this in the part of the "Saab online" page.

Why does my 9000 seem to Buck when accelerating hard into the boost?

Bucking on hard acceleration into boost is most often caused by a faulty APC solenoid. The solenoid is located on the top driver side of the engine radiator. When the solenoid fails it will allow excessive boost pressure which then leads to the over boost circuit being completed shutting the fuel pump off. The 9000 has a over boost switch which is designed to shut off the fuel pump in the event of excessive boost pressure as a safety measure to prevent the engine from blowing up during boost failures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.