Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 97 9000 CSE yesterday had the rear light warning all the time (even after depressing the brakes after starting). Found that the left brake bulb was not working. The right and the high level brake light are working fine during braking. I am a bit confused about what bulb I should buy and from where.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

TIA,
Neel.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went through this recently too....

I've got a '93 9000i CSE, which had one of its brake lights go. So I opened up the cluster, and discovered that there was two filaments in there. Now if you go down to Halfords and take a look at their little books Saab 9000 92 - 97 brake light is a single filament bulb. However I think the 86 - 91 is the double filament bulb. Anyhow, I bought those and they fit and I bought 2 pairs (one so I could change both bulb so as not to upset the bulb sensor, and a spare), although only in one orientation. I'll post the bulb number tomorrow as my spare set is (usefully) sitting on a shelf at home....Doh!

Cheers
John P

·
Registered
353 Posts
The halfords look-up flip chart is rubbish

It specifies a single-filament bulb for the brake lights on my 96 CSE. If you put a single filament bulb in the front headlights flash every time the brakes are applied.
Best to take the fault bulb to a motor factors and get them to give you one. Chance are they will be cheaper than over-priced halfords.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Agreed Halfords really aren't that great. However they are handy for me to nip out to at lunchtime at work, hence they get my custom. The flashing headlights is a good one though, I've never heard of that before... Ahhh electrickery!

Anyhow, the bulbs you need are Halfords (spit!) packet no 380.

Hope that helps
Cheers
John

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to my local Halfords and I agree the charts are rubbish. The ones specified by the chart is a single filament but the boys at my local Halfords are a friendly lot and they figured that out on looking at my used bulb which had blown. They helped me find the right match (as specified by johnp no. 380) and told me that if they didn't fit, they would take them back. So I tried them on. I then found that the tail light had gone too. So got a replacement for that as well. That was no. 207s I think. All fine now.

Thanks for your time gents!

Cheers,
Neel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.