Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

First off, may I say what a great forum this seems to be. I hope you don't mind asking for advice straight off despite not owning a 9000. Yet.

And that's the point. After a year with a BMW 528i, I want to get back into a 9000. Less dosh, more punch. Or so I hope. I've had a '93 CDE 2.0 before, bought more or less as a distress purchase, which to my surprise turned out to be a great car, despite a patchy service history and 165k on the clock.

So, to the point which I hope you can perhaps provide some insight. I am after a late model, full turbo manual, either Aero or Anniversary.

I've read the excellent buying guide by Roger Whitman linked from this site. Bearing in mind what I am looking for, is there anything else I should be aware of with a 2.3 FPT Aero or Anniversary? I am thinking specifically of how to tell knackered steering, turbo, gearbox and suspension - hope that makes sense.

I've already, from the excellent info on this forum, found out how to tell a 200bhp Anniversayr from a 225bhp one, which is fabulous! Well, very useful anyway, since most sellers don't seem to be aware themselves.

Anyway, any advice would be most appreciated, and I'll stop wasting your time now. Can't wait to get back to a 9000.

·
Registered
547 Posts
HI, welcome to the site.

BillJ has a VIN decoder on his website which should be able to tell you which type of engine is in the car. There's a link to his site at the bottom of the page.

Personally, I'd go for an Aero if a good one wwas available at the right price. The seats alone would make it worthwhile.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts