Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago the upper level of the mpg bar became a little dimmer than the lower leel readings. As 50+mpg was only ever when cruising or going down hill I was not overly concerned. Next, all computer readings have gone. No temperature, miles left in the tank or mpg.

The rest of the display is unafected. The door oper and bulb warning still activate and the diaply can be inc/decreased in brightness by the dial.

Has the computer packed in (does this happen? ) or is it just a bulb that has gone?
Either way, what can I do to get it back? How else am I going to know that if I floor it I get less mpg.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the same problem, thought it was going to cost a packet, turned out it was just the two bulbs in the back, you could bounce a torch beam off it and that will let you know if its still working. good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Remove the the top of the dash and if you have small hands you might just get them, i had to remove the instrument panel as well, not as bad as it sounds, all the connectors you take off can only go back on the one place, so you won't get them mixed up. well worth having a go yourself because of the amount of bulbs in there, cost a fortune if you go to the dealers every time one goes. just take your time and it's great to see what's inside the dash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts