Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 1987 Saab 9000s with a wide variety of problems.
1. The front driver side window slowly slips down and does not respond to the button control. One day when it was really cold, i tried rolling up the window ater visiting the atm, and heard a snap inside the door and the window never worked again..I can't even figure out how to open the side panel on the door.
2.The heater makes a very loud and horrible sound at any setting above 1. I tried getting into the vent area, but I needed a wacky shaped screwdriver i couldn't find.
3.I recently replaced the serpentine belt, and had to take off the belt for the a/c. Now I am unable to get this belt back on. I accidently smacked my dad in the face a couple of time trying to keep tension on the belt and he wont help me anymore. do i need a special tool?

this car is a lot of fun to drive but not much fun to fix(I was on the side of the street in providence three days ago parked illegally fixing the serpentine, i searched for a tension pulley for like 6 hours, finally found one in warwick)thanks for any advice!
-Tristan

·
Registered
454 Posts
First get yourself a Haynes manual which while not 100% accurate will help.

The wacky screwdriver is Torx type and there should one in the toolkit in the boot with 4 heads, 3 are Torx and one is unwacky. If they are not there you will need to buy them as the wacky screws are everywhere.

1. Sounds like the mech inside door has broken or is jammed, you will need to open it up to see what is wrong hence, need for Haynes.

2. Sounds like the bearings on the fan motor need lubricating, if that does not work it will need replacing.

3. Never been there, someonelse will fill you in on details

1 - 2 of 2 Posts