Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i fitted some fast road pagid pads alround on my aero (and changed front poly arb bushes back to rubber).im "bedding them in" by the book,but how long before i can start useing them "normally"?
cheers
simon

·
Registered
762 Posts
never fitted fastroad pads
but I would have said, bed them in as a normal set of pads.. ie about 500 miles of gentle driving/braking...

Paul

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Originally posted by Bussman:
[qb]I would have said, bed them in as a normal set of pads.. ie about 500 miles of gentle driving/braking...
[/qb][/b]
I fitted disks at the same time as Fastroad pads. They were absolutely useless for the first 50-100 miles, then gradually improved. 500 miles sounds about right before they showed any improvement over the previous (Saab) pads.

·
Registered
778 Posts
When I installed new Ferodos on my 9000, they worked fine after I did the 'recommended' bedding procedure: a few (10) high speed moderate applications of the brake pedal. However, my rotors weren't new but didn't have many miles on them (57k). I always surmised that the bedding was done for the sake of the rotors, more than the pads - the idea being to get a material transfer from the pads to the rotors. One has to be careful not to come to a complete stop while doing this, otherwise there'll be uneven transfer to the rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts