Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
11/01/03. Got up, got car sorted with a S/H DI cassette £60 ta very much and decided to give it a birthday. got it all nice-n-pretty but
the alloys. Desperately need replacing. Anyhow tried everything to clean, then had the bright idea to try Mr Muscle kitchen cleaner, worked in a fasion and then,
bright idea, what about oven cleaner?. So I sent mans servant over to the shops ( sorry girls only kidding, she was going anyhow ). Sprayed the stuff on and left for an hour plus. Seemed to work a treat,just had to use a brillo on the polished rims. They look a treat . Doesn't get away from the fact that they need replacing, with 17" please.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Excellent idea, John. I've noticed some pukka alloy wheel cleaner smells of ammonia, just like oven cleaner. Bet the oven cleaner's a lot cheaper due to the discrepancy between what many men are prepared to give the other 'arf for housekeeping and what they are prepared to spend on the car. Supply and demand, etc.

And no offence to any ladies reading this. I'm a single bloke and do my own housekeeping (well, after a fashion...
)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And no offence to any ladies reading this. I'm a single bloke and do my own housekeeping (well, after a fashion...  )  [/b]
Wondered how you managed three 9000's

I just couldn't see a man having three toys and a wife

And yes, got it from the local £1 shop.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And no offence to any ladies reading this. I'm a single bloke and do my own housekeeping (well, after a fashion... )
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wondered how you managed three 9000's  

I just couldn't see a man having three toys and a wife  [/b]
Hmm,
Sounds familiar
I'm single and have 4 cars, 2 cats, 1 house, 1 cleaner - me.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.