Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just little over a month after changing a lot of wheel related parts (like shocks, brake discs, bushes) I begin to feel it... It is something like I can feel the "structure" of asphalt, e.g. every single, small stria or stone. No, the big ones are ok, and are absorbed by shocks. BUT THE VERY SMALL ONES... And, of course, it's followed by increased loudness of wheels on every type of asphalt, excepting only the very fine one. Am I forgot to tell those on SAAB garage to replace some bushing, or maybe they replaced something with defective one.
My guess is that wheel bearings are not torqued properly or have to be retorqued after a month after wheels had been off. My "WRC guru" told it could be misaligned wheel convergence or defective-new part as well. I phoned SAAB garage, they told - Your new shocks are just harder than old (worn ones)! I could not realize whom to trust more now?!?

Any Ideas

P.S. I forgot to mention, the tyres are almost up (the last season for them), but still looks fine, excepting depth of protectors, of course. Could it be related?

BR
Dzintars 9000CS23T

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
The tyres could be related. I have found that the Pirelli P6000 gets noisy long before it runs out of tread. Also the Bridgestone S-03s I use at the moment get very noisy when the tread wear approaches the limit.
The Yokohama S1-Z were just noisy. All the time.

The driveshaft nut is quite easy to check: raise the fron twheel off the ground, place one hand at the top and the other at the bottom and try to rock the wheel against the wheel bearing. Any movement will be apparent (a clunking noise) and means the driveshaft nut is loose. Apparently the nut can loosen, even if it is new and even if it has been correctly torqued.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for ideas BillJ...
I'm currently wearing Hankooks ("866" or something like that) btw...

Anyway, thanks, I will try to check the nuts this aftrernoon...

Dzintars 9000CS23T

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Checked the driveshaft nuts, seems fine so far. But found 2 other interesting
things:

1) I found.... the old thermo switch ...laying freely on the upper frame in between the radiator and grille (just a few milimeters from bonnet sealing). And that's almost a month after changing it, and doing several jobs in motor compartment afterwards...

2) The power steering bottle is leaking Not very fast, but as I remember the oil traces was below the bottle from the very beginning (when I bought her). Now after a month after washing a motor compartment I can clearly see where did they came from. So,please give any advice of how to unmount bottle, what could be more prone to failure (bottle or pipes), cost of new pipes or bottle

Dzintars 9000CS23T

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.