Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone of you tried the Wheel adapters from speedparts to mount 9-3/9-5 wheels onto your 9000's or 900's It looks good to me but I sure would like to hear some experiences with them before I order them....

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm sure you'll know wether these parts are legal or not in the Netherlands, but on the Speedparts website there's a warning: Not aproved for use on public road, only for racing and carshows.(that's what I make of it, my Swedish isn't that good
)

If you're looking for other wheels for your 9000, buy some 16" Aero's like on Mark_A's Abbottized 9000CD. Looks great, but remember to buy tyres with the 50 sidewall, not the 55.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Maarten:
[qb]If you're looking for other wheels for your 9000, buy some 16" Aero's like on Mark_A's Abbottized 9000CD. Looks great, but remember to buy tyres with the 50 sidewall, not the 55. [/qb][/b]
205/55 R16's will fit CS (MY1993 or later) cars but not the earlier 9000's.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's also the reason why I ask My swedish is terrible. Can't find anything on this subject In my APK books. And as teached "not mentioned" Means allowed.

Off topic
By the way how was the carnival in Geldrop I've read something went wrong yesterday??
I was on the A50 driving very dangerous with 80km/h In the rain

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb]  QUOTE
Originally posted by Maarten:
[qb]If you're looking for other wheels for your 9000, buy some 16" Aero's like on Mark_A's Abbottized 9000CD. Looks great, but remember to buy tyres with the 50 sidewall, not the 55. [/qb][/b]
205/55 R16's will fit CS (MY1993 or later) cars but not the earlier 9000's. [/qb][/b][/quote]I'm aiming for 225/45/17 I used this Handy Link And it stated that these size is 100% match with my original 195/65/15

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is almost the same program as I use. But this one claims a 0,03 % difference for my speedometer. So let's forget about that.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Injectie:
[qb]I'm aiming for 225/45/17 [/qb][/b]
Although the height profile may be OK you will have rubbing problems on a 9000 with the width of these tyres of a greater or lesser degree depending on your suspension set up. They will definately rub your front arches at full lock and will also catch the rear outer arch, more so if you have lowered suspension and/or you carry weight in the back (e.g. two passengers).

I know this as I ran 225/50R16 for a while on mine on super aero wheels.

215/45R17 is generally accepted as the "optimum" profile for 9000s.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I use 235 /40 17 tyres on 7.5" rims and these seem to work really well for me with virtually no rubbing
because of the width you do have more sidewall and this helps in tramlining,comfort and kerbing
the wheels came with 205's and these were dreadfull with harsh ride terrible tramlining and lots of kerbing...the tyre was too "tight " on the rim...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts