Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

My car lately has developed a problem after starting.
Whilst it starts ok, it idles very roughly and also drives roughly like if it we running on 3 cylinders.
I find that I would be driving for several miles in this condition, and suddenly the problem goes away and the car is normal again, maybe because its warmed up. I must point out that this happens mainly when the car has been sitting overnight or all day at work.

Is this a DI fault?

I've only recently changed the plugs in my car and it was running fine.

Help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Tony

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my God!

I hope not Derek, I've just had the head gasket replaced and the head skimmed, timming chains,cam belts all replaced???

I'd better have a look at my oil to find out, before taking it back to the garage.

Are there any other reasons or should I now assume the worst.

ps. Car = '93 9000 cs Aero

Tony

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Even though plugs have been changed recently could you have a dodgy one - might be worth replacing and are you using correct plugs. My experience with DI is fault got worse as car heated up as coils broke down. Might be worth a new set of plugs first. Was the car doing this before the plugs were changed? Could it also be a dodgy injector on one cylinder?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be that, The plugs seemed ok when i looked at them over the weekend. And no this problem occurred after the new plugs were fitted, although it was some 2 weeks later.
But for the price of the plugs, it's worth doing to find out.

Tony

·
Registered
865 Posts
it could be the idle control valve/silver cylinder shape,sits behind inlet manifold and has 2 hoses on it.or it could be the temp.sensor.it is at rear of engine half way down (not easy to access).remove icv and clean and see if this fixes it.you could also(when car is running cold)stop car and remove plugs to see if they are overfuelled.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all

Just a quick update with my original problem.

I put some STP injection cleaner in my car the other day and since then none of the existing problems have re-occurred , lets hope it stays that way. The car also feels
as well, especially in pick-up in second.

Thanks to all who responded to my problem.

Cheers

Tony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts