Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having previously had a 9000 lpt tweaked with an Abbott trionic ecu upgrade, I'm considering what to do now with my 9-5 (2000 W, manual, 2-0 lpt).

Feels flat as a pancake. I'm not interested in real 'full blown' tuning (for an adrenalin rush I use a motorbike), just something to help with making overtaking etc safer.

As a novice to real hands on tuning:
Can the base boost settings be manually tweaked/wound up just to help a little? Or is it not that simple?
Or is it best to go with something like a stage 1 maptun upgrade?
Just looking for a small(ish) increase in torque/bhp without spending a fortune.....the best 'bangs for bucks'

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
39 Posts
see www.elkparts.co.uk
speedparts stage 1 adds 65bhp and 113Nm of twist, it is a 15 minute job to change (well at night it was)

all for £470.77 unless you can find something on ebay ...this kind of bang for buck is hard to beat

·
Registered
45 Posts
With 9-5 lpt you'll get nice BFTB ( bang for the buck ) ratio, so in your case SW upgrade is something to recommend.

What comes to tuner selection, there are some issues to remember:
1. BSR/Speedparts SW upgrades for T7 have had knocking problems ( based on dyno runs ). Some users seem to be quite satisfied with their results, though, but usually in these cases upgrades have not been dyno tested.
2. Some tuners to recommnend for T7 SW upgrades are ( in alphabetical order ):
- Hirsch ( the best one, quite pricey, though )
- Maptun
- Nordic
There are several others available ( ChipCenter, SQR etc. but I've no experiences of these ).

Hopefully everything goes well.

Just my 0.0x

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Can the base boost settings be manually tweaked/wound up just to help a little? Or is it not that simple?[/b]
No sorry it's not that simple as T7 is a complex peice of kit and will just revert back to factory settings. I had the Speedparts stage 1 without any problems! as have many others.
Still using a stage 4 Speedparts tune and loving every minute of it, ask some of the bikers around my way
You don't just have to be on two wheels to get an adrenalin rush

1 - 5 of 5 Posts