Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me where my motor stands in it's value..no-one seems to have a definitive answer.

It's a 1995 9000 2.3 Full Turbo CDE with 60k genuine miles, 2 owners and a full Saab Dealer History.

It's full spec, metallic burgundy, alloys, mushroom leather, unmarked and with every extra.

This car was £30k new (I think) which was only 60k miles ago...but with such low mileage I can't be sure what is a fair price or perhaps it's worth keeping it for a few more years?

Can anyone offer any anecdotal advice?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - you've made my day!

I was offered £4k this morning for it by an independent trader.

Oh, and the colour is beautiful - I've never seen another saab the same, real head turner.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Seems like FPTs and Aeros with low mileages are quite in demand cars. But if you have an offer of 4K on your car which is a 95 model (M/N reg I believe), it's quite good. Maybe you could try to get a few 100 more. Recently saw 'Only Saab' selling a real low mileage (39K miles)Aero for about 8K.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeh Rhino, my thoughts exactly.

I think the dealer offering me £4k for the car has got to make at least a grand on it, so I reckon he's looking to knock it out at retail £5k?

What else can you buy for £5k...older Ford Focus, much older 3 series, very old 5 series, smoky merc?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by trojanhorse:
[qb]Yeh Rhino, my thoughts exactly.

I think the dealer offering me £4k for the car has got to make at least a grand on it, so I reckon he's looking to knock it out at retail £5k?
[/qb][/b]
Not necessarily... it all depends on what car he's offering it you against, and the overall margins he's prepared to make on the deal.

Having said that, at that age, mileage and condition, I very doubt you would get anything to match it, so I'd stick with it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
keeeep the car
even allowing for dealers pay-offs or trade variations or other excuses - a 60k 9k with good spec will get £1500 cash all day long.. and then some.
then when you start comparing how much saab you get for the same amount of german car cash.. it doesnt make sense.
keep keep keep.
end of rant.
im biased anyway (looks out the window at millenium falcon in drive)

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
So I guess there's no point in me trying to get rid of the P reg 2.0eco (112K miles) (as featured on the Forecourt) and the K reg 2.3Auto (111K miles) then.

I was thinking of trading them in against a 900/93 as I am now unemployed and dont need two big cars any more.

Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright, alright!!

I'm keeping it.

We just had a jaunt to the North East at an average speed limit + 10 (400 mile trip) and the old girl made it look easy.

There's definately not another motor I can think of that's got to be better value all round.

And then there's the size of the boot...jesus, those Swedes must do alot of shopping.

·
Registered
335 Posts
its also great knowing that you can buy any new windsurf board upto 2.75m and just throw it in the back

its almost too easy.. should have a sign on the dash saying 'caution - whim purchases can seriously affect your relationship'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.