Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just about to order uprated actuator. On my carly what is the spring pressure i need?
5-10psi
9-15psi
14-18psi
17-20psi

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Completely different car to mine, but my own experiments show that 10PSI delivers a lot more sustained boost, compared to the original actuator. Strangely enough though is the fact that adding a MBC at the same time made my car run far smoother than before.I don't know why that is, but is sure was a welcome surprise.

I do know someone who has a 2.3L turbo 9000 (dunno which model )with a 12PSI actuator. His turbo gauge now goes past the red
. He too has an MBC fitted.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a 9-15 psi spring would be best (from forge motorsport.) Would this require a modified ecu? Or would the stock work fine?

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
My ECU has been upgraded. I had to call Abbott, who remapped the ECU for me, to first make sure that I would be OK with the remapped ECU.
Unless someone else comes up with another idea, there is no harm in asking [email protected] Racing. He has been very helpful to me every time I needed some sound advice. It helps of course that I do a lot of my shopping there . The 3 parts I fitted last Saturday all came from Abbott.

Stanley

1 - 4 of 4 Posts