Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have just laid my hands on a alpine head-unit, but it is making my speakers sound like they really should not be there, so

Halfords have Infinity 6x9 reference 6953i half price £49.99

Has anyone got them installed and how do they rate them ?

Lastly, when I lift tailgate, how do i stop the lovely scottish rainwater dripping right on to the speakers ?

Haggag01

·
Registered
20 Posts
To stop the rainwater dripping into the speakers,I use a sheet of kitchen roll folded up placed against boot seal lip/over 1"speaker grille.

I wish you luck changing the speakers,5 nuts are fine to undo.The 6th(the one closest to the c pillar) is a bit tricky to get to,even though you only have to undo it a couple of turns so the speaker assembly slides out.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi,

Iv'e just put these speakers into my aero and another 9000 and they are great. One's with an Alpine unit. I'm just down the road at the Bay so come and hear them if you want. PM me for details.

Graham

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heyes,

Thanks for the offer, I am just going to take the plunge and get them on your advice / experience.

Hopefully Ylee will be coming across to mine this weekend, been working on a nice little project.

All I am going to say is 95% in length 3" high grade stainless steel pipe, watch out angelsey !!

Haggag01

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Lastly, when I lift tailgate, how do i stop the lovely scottish rainwater dripping right on to the speakers ?[/b]
I've found that lifting the hatch slowly does the trick, letting the water trickle around the route it should take rather than splashing all over the boot...I always remember just as the water hits my speakers

Nick.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the rear speakers in not to much hassle, great sound although they are just the 9603i models but 300w 100w rms sounds great, What is recommended for the front ?

Haggag01....

·
Registered
65 Posts
This business with rain water dripping off the edges of the tailgate onto the rear speakers has been bugging me for some years, both on my Aero and on my previous 2 early shape 9000 hatches. You'd have thought SAAB would have learnt from the experience with the early mark and come up with a fix on the CS models. I had hoped that someone out there would have already come up with a cure for this. Oh well I like a challenge and I'm determined to find a solution. I'm thinking along the lines of modifying the lower glass trim and I'll keep everyone posted on my progress (or otherwise).

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JezF,

what is the maximum depth at the front ?, I have just spotted 4" Vibe speakers, but they tend to make their speakers deep, due to the amount of bass they kick out.

TIA Haggag01

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.