Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am about to start upgrading in small chunks. As I am a student just finishing uni with litle money at the mo I am doing the cheap stuff first then move up when I start work in July. I have done a few things such as repair the central locking and fit new coutesy lights on the doors but am moving on to look at new performance parts.

First thing I am getting (as its cheap) is a dump valve (that and it one of the things I can fit myself). I have found two which look pretty much the same (note I am after a very good "whoosh" sound)-

- Elk parts FORGE FMDV004 Atmospheric Dump Valve @ £84 ex VAT

- Abbot Racing Atmospheric, Large, Polished Finish @ £120 (dont know about VAT)

Is there much of a difference? Or can anyone recommend a different one that does a better job?

I am also looking to buy an air filter kit. Currently looking around for one, any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers all.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Dave, the Abbott valve is the forge valve with a larger markup than from other sources. I have the recirculating version of this as I don't like the whoosh.

What year and variant is the car, as this can make a difference as to how you go about tuning it. Since you will be fitting a dump valve, I'm assuming it is a turbo (although stranger things have happened ).

G

·
Originally posted by Dave_NI:
[qb]- Elk parts FORGE FMDV004 Atmospheric Dump Valve @ £84 ex VAT

- Abbot Racing Atmospheric, Large, Polished Finish @ £120 (dont know about VAT)

Is there much of a difference?  Or can anyone recommend a different one that does a better job?

[/qb][/b]
I think you will find the forge dumpvalve from elkparts is £84 INCLUDING VAT - it was when I bought mine

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill, its a 2.3t 1997 CSE AnnEd, currently around 175bhp, but am going to check the VIN.

I like the whoosh (I know its sad lol) but is there much difference? I am leaning towrds Abbot but if they are the same I dont want to waste the money, the difference can go towards my air filter.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Second thought, jsut re-read your post, I see what u mean about the mark-up. Am going to go for the Elk one, save the money and consider Abbot for the bigger things.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.