Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok - I have an 9k Aero and have sorted the suspension and brakes pretty well (koni/abbott/poly/brembos/pagidFR). I'm running speedparts stage 3 with JT3" decat + custom intake with ITG filter. Spec says 283bhp and it feels like that and more.

So - what's the next vfm upgrade I can start thinking about?
Massive brakes would be great but it's way too much cash. (braided hoses to be done though)
Engine wise a big intercooler might be good but I almost fell over when I saw how much they are. There's also a bigger intake pipe but doubt that's high in the vfm stakes.
Have I reached a plateau where I need a large bucket of cash to see any decent gains?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
The intercooler is definitely the next stage. I did this at a similar state of tune and the difference was very noticable, especially in the summer. Intake pipe is nominal difference.

After this you're probably looking at a gas flowed head. Not cheap, but very nice

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
just remember you do not have to pay Abbott's prices for a gas flowed head ...
billj had one done at a pretty reasonable price
I used the same place but I could not seperate the cost of the head out from the rest..but my total bill for a balanced crank/shot peened and mtchweighted conrods
gas flowed head /bigger exhaust valves stronger valve springs for not much more than the big valve conversion from abbott...!!
this is best done when you have had a chg go...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So choices of intercooler:
1) Speedparts £600
2) Abbott £600 (same one?)

Any others on the market? (maybe for less
?)
Also - what sort of difference in bhp am I going to see? (I can imagine the actual difference similar to going out on a cool day vs warm)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts